12.01.2016

Regent Law Alumni Making a Difference for Children in Need

Keila Molina, a 2013 Regent Law graduate, explains here God's working in her life toward her calling to rescue children:
The key purpose for this post is to share wonderful news about how God recently answered a prayer that had been on my heart for almost a decade: to work on a daily basis to rescue and protect children.  
My work is with the Office of the Arizona Attorney General, Child and Family Protection Division, Protective Services Section, as an Assistant Attorney General.  Specifically, this position entails representing the state in juvenile dependency matters and making recommendations to the court on behalf of the state concerning children, youth, and families who are in circumstances involving child abuse, neglect, and/or abandonment.  It is solely due to God's providence that I've been hired for such a specific position which fits each and every area which I've desired to be involved in as an attorney and a child advocate.  It is simply marvelous how only God truly knows our deepest desires and can provide exactly what our hearts were created for. 

Seven years ago, in my personal statement as I applied to Regent University School of Law, I wrote: "Many times things do not make sense and I do not understand why God allows painful situations to occur, and yet my own life serves as a reminder of the blessings that can come amidst painful circumstances."  Having worked with abused and neglected children prior to law school, my heart and passion towards advocating for the protection of children led me to pursue a law degree.  This calling towards child advocacy has been something I've at times fought against; I've even tried to forget about it when tremendous fears and challenges arose which simply seemed impossible to overcome.  My journey while in law school was far from easy and even after graduating from law school, I faced even more serious adversity and hardship.  I'll likely eventually write a book to hopefully encourage others by sharing about the many ways in which God truly made a way, where none was supposed to exist.  This is simply another of those moments to celebrate His faithfulness for allowing to come as far as I have, and the glory truly belongs to Him alone. 
 
As with everything of importance in life, including my plans, complete surrender to God's will is what I attempt my best to put into practice. The process of surrendering and in turn relying on God is, of course, an ongoing spiritual-growth process. In fact, particularly in the past year, there have been countless times in which I've questioned His purpose and my faith has faltered as I faced discouragement seeing only barrenness around me (figuratively as well as literally) as I relocated from the affluence of Orange County, California, to the simplicity of the desert region in the U.S./Mexico border: Yuma County, Arizona.  At times, life simply did not make sense; I've kept believing, however, that all of it is part of a bigger plan.  Being licensed to practice law in California yet deciding to take the Arizona bar exam was definitely another step of faith: completely requiring me to trust that God alone would carry me through and reveal His purpose, in His time.   
 
Now I pursue this exciting chapter of life realizing that God's ways are indeed higher and better than any of mine.  My focus verse as I celebrate this new beginning is Isaiah 26:12: "Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us."  To say that I've struggled and been greatly challenged in every way possible throughout my transition to Arizona is to put it lightly.  I've faced deep personal losses, experienced painful rejection, as well as encountered difficult trials for which the solution is quite simply not in my hands.  I  remind myself of Paul's words in Romans 8:28, wholeheartedly believing that God will continue to make all things work together for my good.  We can fully trust, that for all of us who love Him, He will.     
 
Following the calling to advocate for those most vulnerable among us will never be without its challenges, spiritual and otherwise.  Only because of His great love can we find supernatural peace and endurance to persist in the race we are each called to run as we continue experiencing His never-ending grace, faithfulness, and goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment