10.04.2022

Helping Families in Immigration

 


This guest post is from Julianne E. Fleischer, Regent University School of Law ‘2020:

 

I completed my two year clerkship with the immigration division of the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) last week! I can’t believe how quickly the two years went by! Though this clerkship was mostly remote for the duration of my term, I am grateful for the many opportunities I received throughout the course of my clerkship. Two years ago, I had a limited knowledge of immigration law, and now, having spent my time supporting and assisting immigration judges, I have a much better understanding and appreciation for the world of immigration law.

 

On my last day, one of my judges asked me what I enjoyed most about the clerkship. While I am grateful for the legal development I received, I told her that I was honored to work on judicial decisions that impacted the lives and well-being of so many individuals and their families. Many of the cases I worked on required a delicate balance of exercising the law and exercising compassion. This clerkship was a great experience, and I’m grateful I had the opportunity to spend my first two years as an attorney working with such excellent judges and legal staff.  Above is a picture of my judge and I on my last day of my clerkship.

Next week, I will be starting a legal counsel position with the non-profit organization, Advocates for Faith & Freedom, here in California. I interned with this organization after my 1L year of law school, and I am thrilled to be joining them once again! The non-profit handles a large range of religious liberty cases. I’m excited to step into this role and grow in my skills as an attorney and as an advocate for religious liberty. 

 

 

Regent Law graduates are making a difference for families in immigration, at the DOJ and across the nation.  Family restoration starts with great lawyers.

No comments:

Post a Comment